- Went to the Eurovision Song Contest
- Went to Germany
- Went to Belgium
- Went to a con.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Belgium and Germany.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2011?
- 8th April went to 'Boom Bang A Bang' in Manchester (a preview evening of all the eurovision songs and a meet up with other people who were going to the Eurovision Song Contest)
- 10th May Semi Final 1 of Eurovision Song Contest in Dusseldorf
- 12th May Semi Final 2 of ESC
- 14th May Final of ESC
- 12th June Steve's birthday while we were away in Cornwall
- 26th - 29th July did a 4 day silent retreat
- 28th July My birthday during the silent retreat (very odd but quite nice!)
- 1st October went to the Eurobash con.
- 6th - 11th November multred_a visited and we had a few days away in Scarborough
Going to the ESC
9. What was your biggest failure? #
Not meeting Amaury Vassili AT ALL while in Dusseldorf!
Not going to the UK and Ireland party while in Dusseldorf so didn't party with Blue and Jedward!
Nothing different than usual although I had a bad time fighting panic attacks just before I went to Germany.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A 4 issue subscription to Filament Magazine which sadly due to the editors private life has just published its last issue!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
It ALL went on Eurovision and Holidays!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Dave Gorman in his stand up comedy show
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? exactly the same
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen live bands,
Had days out with my friends,
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
It's not happened yet but I think this year it'll just be me and Steve on Christmas Day. I'll go to church in the morning and then we'll open our pressies when I get home. We'll watch tv, a film, eat dinner etc.
My mom and sister are coming for Boxing Day dinner and Steve is cooking. My brother and brother in law are coming for Boxing Day tea.
21. What was your favourite month of 2011?
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not newly in love no, but I carried on being in love!
23. How many one-night stands?
hahaha! I'm in my late 40's and I've never had one. When I turned 40 I did say I would have one before I was 50 but I really think it's highly unlikely seeing as I'm in a relationship.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Still 'The Tribe'!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
'Living La Vida Loca' by Belinda Jones and
'Strictly Shimmer' by Amanda Roberts.
Two very easy chick lits!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not really discovered anyone new this year
28. What did you want and get?
A new pair of Doc Martin shoes from my mom for my birthday
The two new Tribe books which arrived today!
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Inception (i was late watching it)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was on a Christian silent retreat from 9am Tuesday to Friday 3pm so in the morning of my birthday I met with my spiritual companion for 20 mins and we discussed what I had done and thought about the day before and she advised me of things to think about throughout the day. I then went for a walk in the countryside, took photographs, wrote poetry, came back to church and did a chalk drawing and listened to some Taize music (we could listen to music on headphones but couldn't talk to each other!)
I went out for a meal with Steve on Friday night and I had my friends around on Saturday night.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would love to have been able to afford to see John Cougar this year as he did his first UK tour since 1989.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
34. What kept you sane?
Am I sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Mobile Phone base station placement (as has been for the last 12 years!)
37. Who did you miss?
The same people I always miss. No-one new.
but also - Paul M J, Adam B, Paul B, Paul G, Garrett, Bryan, and Kevin, Paul J, Elaine, Tracey, Yvette, and Rachel.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow