2. What is your fondest memory of your birthday? How old were you?
3. Do you make extra-special plans for round-number birthdays?
4. How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
5. Did you ever throw a surprise birthday party for someone, or have a surprise party thrown for you? How did it turn out?
1. My earliest birthday memory was getting up on my birthday morning aged 5 and going to the bathroom sitting on the toilet and thinking "Wow Someone walked on the moon a couple of days ago! I will remember this moment for the rest of my life!" - and I have! haha!
2. Realising that my birthday NEVER fell in school and college term time! (the nearest it ever got was breaking up the day before!) I was about 9 when I realised and it was lovely to ALWAYS have a school holiday on my b/d.
3. Yes but not usually on the actual day of my birthday. I have a best friend who's birthday is 30 days after mine and for our 30th and 40th birthday parties, to save on cost, we shared our party, and held it on a day between both our b/ds. We hired an upstairs room in a pub and invited about 150 people to our 30th and about 200 to our 40th.
4. I have parties for special birthdays but for other years I usually gather a couple of cars full of friends and we drive out into the local countryside and have a short walk to somewhere with a view (a mountain that we can park near the top, or on the top of a huge valley etc) I try to go somewhere different each year. We sit and look at the view and open a couple of bottles of wine and have a drink together. Then when we are all quite cold and giggly we go to a little village pub and have a meal together.
5.No I've never thrown one nor have I had one but I did once go to one for my friends 70th.