The Christmas story I wrote for dog_eat_dog_lj a few weeks ago was my first ever attempt at something other than fanfiction.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't go abroad anywhere this year. Furthest I went was Scotland, Wales and Cornwall.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2013?
- 13th-18th March went to visit my friend who had moved from Nottingham to Wales.
- 20th April went to 'Boom Bang A Bang' in Manchester (a preview evening of all the Eurovision Song contest songs and a chance to meet up with other people who love the Eurovision Song Contest)
- 14th May Semi Final 1 of Eurovision Song Contest
- 16th May Semi Final 2 of ESC
- 18th May Final of ESC
- 12th June Steve's birthday while we were away in Cornwall
- 28th July My birthday
- 9th-15th August trip to Iona in the Scotish Hebrides
- 5th October went to the Eurobash convention.
- 3rd November finished reading my 50th book of the year.
Reading 55 books in a year. Before 2013 the most I had ever read in a year was 19.
9. What was your biggest failure? #
Not getting to my best freinds dads funeral because I was snowed in and not going to the same friend's daughter's 18th birthday party the following day for the same reason.
I was ill at the beginning of the year. I'd had pouchitis for most of last year which I eventually recoverd from in about May this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I actually haven't bought myself anything this year. I got the things I needed bought for me for my birthday and Christmas from Steve and my family. I was absolutely desperate for a new pair of jeans as my old ones were literally falling apart the denim was so worn. Steve bought me two pairs for my birthday.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Steve's for everything he has done for me especially helping me over the weeks with my food shopping. When I was ill he did my shopping for me and when I was feeling better he took me shopping in the car.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
no-one really. The most disappointed I've been all year was when I asked my friend a couple of weeks ago if she could pick up a prescrition from the chemist for me as I was unable to leave the flat and she politely declined. The reason I was disappointed was that I have gone around to her flat at a drop of a hat nearly every week to sort out some computer problem or another and it was the first time I had ever asked her for her help.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Because of the governments new disability benefit cuts, the new Bedroom tax (I have a two bedroom flat) and the council tax benefit cuts, ALL my money this year has gone on living and paying my bills. I have not been out this year very much as I have had very little money to survive on this year! This is why I have not been to any concerts.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New plates and bowls (from my sister for my b/d)
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? YAY! 11 pounds thinner!
c) richer or poorer? Much poorer!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen live bands,
Had days out with my friends,
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Steve and I had Christmas Day together. I didn't go to church in the morning as it was really horrid, rainy, cold weather and it's a 1 mile steep uphill walk. We opened our pressents, Steve cooked dinner and we ate had turkey (first time I have had turkey in about 6 years!) with stuffing, roast potatoes and parsnips, sprouts, carrots, mash potato and yorkshire puddings. We watched tv, fell asleep on the settee and then ate Christmas pudding and custard for tea.
My mom and brother came for Boxing Day dinner and Steve is cooking. We had a similar dinner to Christmas day but with chicken instead of turkey. then in the evening we ate snack food sausage rolls, pork pie, scotch eggs, cheese and biscuits, pickled onions etc.
21. What was your favourite month of 2013?
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Not newly in love no, but I carried on being in love!
23. How many one-night stands?
hahaha! I'm in my late 40's and I've never had one. When I turned 40 I did say I would have one before I was 50 but I really think it's highly unlikely seeing as I'm in a relationship.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Still 'The Tribe'! And I'm now enjoing rewatching it AGAIN this time with my cousin aimingtobefit. It's the first time she has watched it and we just finished series 1 last week.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best books you read?
'The Secret Garden' by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
'The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Dissappeared' by Jonas Jonasson.
'You Had Me At Hello' by Mhairi McFarlane.
'The unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry' by Rachel Joyce.
'Somewhere In Europe' by Nikki Allan.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not really discovered anyone new this year
28. What did you want and get?
2 new pairs of jeans, a dinner set, a new TV and holiday money (all as pressies)
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don't think I've watched a 2013 film this year! I've definitely not been to the cinema this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out for a meal with Steve on Saturday night and the he took me and a few friends out for a drive in the country on the Sunday. It was a nice day so we went for a walk to the top of a hill and had a picnic with wine.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would love to have been able to afford to live without having to struggle with money and have to account for every last penny.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
34. What kept you sane?
Am I sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh I can't pick one! I like obsure intelligent people who don't photograph very well!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Mobile Phone base station placement (as has been for the last 13 years!)
37. Who did you miss?
The same people I always miss. No-one new.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013
To value my mom and every second I have left with her.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
People build their barricades out of jealousy and hate
But there’s one thing they could never, never ever separate
Ah… let it hear from near and far
This is how it’s meant to be, we’re together you and me
Ah… nothing can tear us apart
Sailing on a stormy sea, we’re together you and me