Here are eight comments made by NBC sports commentators so far
during the Summer Olympics that I bet they wish they could take back:
2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."
5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again. In fact you can see it all over their
6. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."
7. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."
8. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them... Oh, my God, what have I just said?"