- What band has made the biggest impact in your life, and why?
- What album is the first you can remember purchasing yourself?
- What concert stands out in your mind as the best you've ever seen?
- What concert stands out in your mind as the worst you've ever seen?
- If you could create your dream band, what musicians would you choose? (they can be live or dead, it's a dream band)
2. I bought a few K-Tel records in the 1970s which were the equivalent of the 'Now that's what I call Music' albums, except that all the tracks were session singers who tried to sound like the original artist. But I think the first proper album I bought was Duran Duran's first album.
3. Bryan Adams at the Sheffield Poylechnic in 1983.
4. Osibisa at Sheffield University in 1983.
5. Edith Piaf, Judy Garland, Momma Cass and Ella Fitzgerald on vocals with Ben Castle on trumpet, accompanied by Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.