1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both - it depends on what I think the receiver will like best.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. It is easier. I have two small trees that sit on my window sills. One is a four footer and sits in the large window and the other is a three footer and sits in the small window. I collect expensive individual glass baubles and maybe buy just one or two in a year, Steve usually buys me one as a pressie around the middle of December every year too.
3. When do you put up the tree?
13th December - 12 days before.
4. When do you take the tree down?
It never stays up till the 6th Jan, It's usually put away on the 2nd or 3rd.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yeah but I've not had it for about 20 years!
6. Favourite gift received as a child?
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Mother because she's 80 and has everything she needs.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Steve - bought one of his pressies online last night.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Oh yeah and do I love it! When I was growing up we had a tiny weenie little plastic nativity that over the years lost the angel and a few trees and the cow. When I moved into my flat mom said she was throwing it away I was like 'NO let me have it!' So up until about eight years ago I had this broken little thing and Steve always laughed at it every Christmas. One Christmas I opened this huge pressie from him and it was a really large nativity! it's gorgeous. He's quite anti Christianity so I know how much it must have pained him to go into a religious shop and buy it for me! Oh and the little old broken nativity still sits under the little Christmas tree in the little window ;)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Can't remember a really bad one.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie?
It's a wonderful life or The wizard of oz or Oliver.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'll start properly next week when I've finished my last craft fayre and everything is packed away.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My moms very very alcoholic sherry trifle!
16. Lights on the tree?
Loads but all white.
17. Favourite Christmas song?
On the outskirts of Sheffield we have a tradition of meeting in the pub on a Sunday or a Tuesday night to sing local Carols. Every little village has it's own carol and I have always loved 'Stannington' My mom says that when I was about 7 I told her that when I grew up I wanted to live in Stannington so that I could go to church on Christmas morning and sing the Stannington Carol. (just to add that my family arn't church goers)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
It gets more difficult every year. I think this year my sister is cooking at my moms.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Not a clue! err... Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither I have a lovely hand blown glass red and silver spike.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas Day. but Steve's family get together and open family pressies on Boxing day! So I get more pressies!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
My nativities and all my baubles. There's one particular hand blown glass bauble that I love that I bought on the Isle of Skye and looks like a twisted icicle. (it cost me about £9)
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I haven't had time to think yet but I've wanted Beth Rowley's CD for quite a while.